Saturday, November 5, 2016

Healing

There is a healing that always baffled me.  I honestly don't have a definite answer, so I'll simply present it to you to you to think about.

Mark 7:31-35 "Then Jesus left the vicinity of Tyre and went through Sidon, down to the Sea of Galilee and into the region of the Decapolis. There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged Jesus to place his hand on him.

After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears. Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, "Ephphatha!" (which means "Be opened!").  At this, the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly." (NIV)

Now my questions are, why would he do all that?  Why is this healing so different from others?  Why did he take the man away from the crowd?  What's with the spit and sticking his fingers in the man's ears?

Jesus is able to heal a person without them even being present (as with the centurion's servant), so why all this apparent drama?"

I have my own speculations, but for today I'd rather leave this one for you to simply ponder.

And I'll share my thoughts on this in the next Daily Rock